3. Orientation Programme for BCA & BCOM students.
On September 1st and 2nd 2022, orientation program was conducted for students pursuing Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) and Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) programs.
• Webinar on technology in the Finance field
The Guest Speaker of the program was Mr. Anil Wali, Senior Manager, Broadridge pvt ltd. Sir addressed the new entrants through a webinar and conveyed the new happenings in the field of finance having most things done through the use of technology.
• On the same day, the alumni of our college Mrs Sumaya Kaladgi and Ms Ashwini Kulkarni gave their presentation to both BCA and BCom students on how to prepare for their course to achieve their best of results. They guided the students with their own experiences and precautioned the students to be carefully planning their studies so that in the final year they must not arise with low performances. Their program also aimed to provide new students with an overview of the programs and the university. It included an introduction to the faculty, facilities, and academic policies. The students were also informed about the various clubs and societies on campus that they could join.
• The second session of the Orientation program was having two guest lectures from Mr Ajit Runwal, CFA Practitioner and Mr Ravi Algur, Manager, Siddashri Co-operative Bank for the Bcom students. They both individually addressed the students. They made aware the new ways in the finance sector of having employment. They concentrated their lecture on the requirements of certain professional personality traits. Their guidance created a very valuable impact on the students.
• At last, Prof S G Math, Chairman and President VES gave his remarks to the new entrants emphasizing the importance of hard work and dedication in achieving success. He also shared his personal experiences and encouraged the students to pursue their dreams with passion.
The orientation program helped the new students to become familiar with their new environment and feel more comfortable on campus. They were able to interact with their peers and faculty members, ask questions, and gain a better understanding of the university's expectations and culture.